NFS Mounting under FC3

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Mon Dec 27 13:14:01 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 12:01, Fred wrote:
> Yipes!
>
> I have recently bitten the bullet and upgraded my servers to FC3.
> Somewhere along the way, I am no longer able to mount my exports. Not
> even on the same server. This is the message I always get:
>
> mount: saturne:/tmp failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

If I remember correctly, /tmp is "special". I suspect you're getting
permission denied because some other process has it opened.

Try going to single user mode (you may have to boot to it), and mounting
/tmp then. If that does not work, then /tmp can't be a mounted
filesystem (but the usual single-user mode caveats apply).

If mount /tmp does work in single user mode (and its usable), then its
not being mounted "soon enough". This might indicate a problem with
FC3's boot sequence, and will probably require fiddling with the boot
scripts. But I don't have any experience with FC3, so I recommend that
others help you at this point.

--Bruce