Looking for a good portable linux system

Fred puissante at biz.puissante.com
Mon Dec 27 17:03:00 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 14:49 -0500, Bill McGonigle wrote:

> > And it won't have a monitor attached, so you can't just
> > turn it on and let them see the flashy little lights their pea-sized
> > intelligence can barely recognize as not being a bomb.
>
> As if the amount of semtex that would fit in a CD-ROM drive bay is
> meaningless...

My other point is that it would be easy enough to hide semtex or some
other explosive in a fully functional laptop. Many laptops have 2
battery bays, for instance, and one of the batteries could really be
semtex.

And even if they are bright enough to check both batteries separately,
it could be hidden elsewhere.

The real answer to "terrorism" is not to go fascist and id, probe, pat
down, scan, and search every passenger, 99.999999% of which have no
intentions of blowing up the plane. The real answers lies with a change
in US foreign policy.

Oh, well, slipping into politics...

-Fred