Python SIG, was: [Centralug] Me-Toism and Ruby

David J Berube djberube at berubeconsulting.com
Fri Dec 31 15:09:01 EST 2004

Hey all,

My fault about the migration - lol. Anyway, I'm definitely up for
meeting @ 6:30. As you alluded to in point #2, perhaps backing the idea
up a bit would be good - maybe a scripting languages UG or even a
software development group? That would enable us to attract attention to
Python more, as well as talk about scripting languages in general, and
give us a strong user base to start from.

One idea I'd like to integrate into CentraLUG that might work well for
such a group: Short, ten minute book reviews/synopsises from members
during a meeting.

It'd be extremely nice to introduce some Microsoft developers to
scripting concepts - I know that personally I've had excellent success
mixing Microsoft technologies with  scripting languages. I'm also, as I
said, very interested in learning more about Python - and about software
development in general; I don't think there's anywhere around here to
discuss Agile or Extreme methodologies, except perhaps SWANH, but I
don't think that's covered by them very often.

FYI all, books and other swag from O'Reilly are in - might give away one
on Monday.

In any case, I'm definitely up for 6:30.

Take it easy,

--

David Berube
Berube Consulting