[ON Topic] How 'bout them Linux? Ain't they somethin?!

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 14:27:32 EST 2004

> Something that might be kind of fun would be to 'sort of break'
> a linux installation (mis-configure something, 'degrade' a needed
> library, etc.)  and then have folks 'try to figure it out'.
> Just the experience of watching folks go through the various
> possibilities and applying their troubleshooting skills could be
> very interesting.

That does sound interesting.  We could select a
victim, send them out of the room, "damage" the demo
system in controlled fashion in front of the rest
of the crowd, then invite the victim back in to try
to detect and correct the damage in full view on the
Big Screen as they narrated their thought processes.

What an opportunity to embarrass yourself!  Might also
be good preparation for a job interview...