Having fun (was: How 'bout them Linux? ...)

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Feb 3 20:56:36 EST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, at 5:41pm, maddog at li.org wrote:
> Finally, after thirty-five years in the computer business it took a kid
> from Finland to remind me that I got into this space to have FUN....so
> what things would you like to do that would be FUN?

  I am familiar with a few different groups that are or were similar to
GNHLUG.  It appears to me that gatherings ("meetings") seem to have a higher
attendance if general socializing (especially food and drink) is a part of
the program.  Now, maybe that just means that I tend to hang out with
like-minded individuals.  But, I do notice that the GNHLUG meetings that get
the most attendance also seem to be the ones that are co-located in
restaurants, pubs, and similar establishments.

  Perhaps the fun factor is at work here?  Do more people show up when
generalized fun is involved?

  Food for thought.  ;-)

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>