Meeting times and locations (was: How 'bout them Linux ...)

Thomas M. Albright talbright at albrightent.com
Wed Feb 4 09:34:15 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 bscott at ntisys.com wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, at 9:20am, talbright at albrightent.com wrote:
> > The location and/or time of the meeting can be a detriment. That's why
> > you'll never see me at Martha's.
>
>   Elaborate, please.  Is it the geographical locale, the general atmosphere,
> or the schedule?

I live on a farm in Northwood. The quarterly meetings are Wednesdays at
7pm in Nashua. An hour drive (+/-) each way means leaving around 18.00
and getting back home around 22.00 if I don't socailaize. If I'm not
going to socialize, why bother going? I have my day-job in Manchester,
plus I have many farm chores. I can't afford to pay for help on the
farm, so my free time is really at a premium. I almost never go to the
CentralLUG meetings in the Concord area (even though it's much closer)
because it's a week-night.

Do I expect the LUG schedules to be changed to suit me? Of course not. I
am one person with (arguably) very different circumstances. I'm just
saying that if the meetings were held week-end afternoons instead of
weekday nights, I would be much more likely to attend.

--
TARogue (Linux user number 234357)
 The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed