NTP

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Thu Feb 5 09:16:57 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 08:48, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> 	restrict default ignore
> 	restrict foo mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery
> 	restrict bar mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery
>
> ... where "foo" and "bar" are the IP address(es) of your upstream time
> servers.

Can I use hostnames instead of IP's?

>   NTP uses UDP.  UDP is stateless and connectionless, so anything that needs
> to get a response back from a UDP transmission needs to listen for incoming
> UDP datagrams as well.  ntpd needs to listen for the responses to the NTP
> requests it sends.

*smacks forehead*  Ahhh yes.  The sad thing is that I realized that they
were UDP connections, but was still thinking TCP.  Thanks for the mental
slap upside the head.  8)

--
"I have tact.  I just choose not to use it."
-Ben Scott

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc