SSL Cert problem with Outbreak

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Thu Feb 12 06:53:30 EST 2004

First off, thank you Ben, Travis, and Bob for responding - I'll give
your suggestions a try.  Have I mentioned recently that I love the linux
community?  8)

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 00:21, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, at 4:40pm, colet at code-energy.com wrote:
> > Here's the problem.  Outlook is complaining every time they connect about
> > the fact that the certificate isn't signed by a recognized authority.
>
>   Wow, for once, Microsoft did something right.  I'm sure it was an
> oversight.

I'm curious about your comment here.  I agree that M$ did something
right in that they gave the user the notification that the certificate
chain didn't end at a known good cert authority.  However, it seems to
me like they should give the user the ability to accept the certificate
anyway.

Are you saying that M$ was right in *not* allowing that?  If so, how
come?

--
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
 lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com