pedantry (Re: apt-spy)

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Wed Feb 18 13:19:09 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:22:26AM -0500, Michael ODonnell wrote:
> >truly zippy ones.  I've just done a fairly ponderous
> >'apt-get dist-upgrade' at work where the throughput
> >for the whole session averaged over 1gB/S, which is

Woohoo!  Can I get a job there?  ;-)

> ...duuuhhhhhh, I meant to say megabyte, not gigabyte.

Aw, shucks...  What a let-down.

> >a tad faster than the 150kB/S I'd been seeing from
> >some of the better known mirrors.

For what it's worth (which is very little, I'm quite sure), S is the
SI abbreviation for the siemens, which is the SI unit for electrical
conductance.  Presumably you're talking about seconds, which should be
abbreviated lower-case s.

I will not touch the megabyte-mebibyte issue...

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/