pedantry (Re: apt-spy)

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 14:00:09 EST 2004

> >a tad faster than the 150kB/S I'd been seeing from
> >some of the better known mirrors.
>
> For what it's worth (which is very little, I'm quite sure), S
> is the SI abbreviation for the siemens, which is the SI unit for
> electrical conductance.  Presumably you're talking about seconds,
> which should be abbreviated lower-case s.

Yah, I figured I'd got it wrong but didn't take
time to look it up.  Oh, well - thanks to you,
I now sit corrected, proving that you're at least
as useful as a pair of orthopedic skivvies.  ;->

  (orthopedantic?)

I should mention that I (think I) heard that some
very early versions of apt-spy would rewrite your
sources.list file without saving the previous version,
so if you're running an ancient Debian box, heads up.
(I've never seen one had that problem, though...)