Desktop Linux (fwd)

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Wed Feb 25 22:38:01 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 12:42:52PM -0500, Randy Edwards wrote:
> >Everquest, World of Warcraft, Halo, Call of Duty, Civilization, Grand
> >Theft Auto, etc. Games are a driving force in the home market.
>
> I agree.  I miss Loki badly. :-(  Still someone else will step into
> this market -- games are essential for the home market -- and Loki's
> already done a lot of groundbreaking for them.  Loki managed to have
> decent CDs with an acceptably easy installation which would run on
> most any distribution.  They did things sanely, they were just a bit
> ahead of their time.

It is a little known fact that this is not why Loki went down; they
were in fact profitable.  The CEO and CFO (husband and wife, and also
the original founders) stole from the company to buy expensive houses
and big-screen TVs and such, driving it into the ground.  I read a lot
about it on-line somewhere, but I don't recall where (it was probably
liked from slashdot somewhere).  They were indicted, but the trial
went on and on, and I don't think anything really happened.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/