mplayer help

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Fri Jan 16 08:33:28 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 10:17, Thomas M. Albright wrote:
> mplayer works fine for me from the command line, but when I try using
> the GUI version, (gmplayer,) which is part of the mplayer installation,
> I get an error:
>      Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
>
> Any tips of how I can make this work?

Sounds like your gmplayer isn't picking a default video_out plugin.  Try
starting it up with this:

gmplayer -vo <someplugin>

To get a list of valid plugins, try:

gmplayer -vo help

I usually use the sdl plugin - it seems to work best for me personally.
YMMV.

--
"Minix is one of the reasons I decided microkernels are bad.
VMS is the reason I decided VMS is bad."  -Linus Torvalds

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com