OpenGL and nVidia question...

Steven Knight steven.knight at unh.edu
Sun Jan 25 16:32:47 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 16:17, Brian H. Chabot wrote:
> I just switched from the default nv driver to the nvidia commercial one
> and I'm not too pleased.
>

> The framerate on anything using GLX is abyssmal.  We're talking 6.2 FPS
> on glxgears and about one frame per 20 seconds on America's Army or
> ut2003demo.
>
> Perhaps someone here could tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please?  After
> reading the docs, I think I have everything configured right...
>
> System info:
> Athlon XP 2200+
> 512MB RAM
> GeForce FX 5200 128MB
> Mandrake Linux 9.2 with 2.4.22-1mdk kernel
> Using the latest nVidia driver, 1.0-5328

I have heard of problems with the new releases ( the 5xxx series ) of
the nVidia drivers.  You should try the 1.0-4496 drivers and see if that
produces better results.

Steven Knight  steven.knight at unh.edu   IM : skkataim

and tho' We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

-- Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson