[HUMOR] How many list members does it take to change a lightbulb?

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Jan 27 11:11:28 EST 2004

Q: How many subscribers to an email list does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: 57

- One to ask, "How do you change a lightbulb?"
- One to change the lightbulb
- Two to share similar experiences of changing lightbulbs
- Three to explain how the lightbulb could have been changed differently
- Five to argue which brand of lightbulb is best
- Four to caution others about the dangers of changing light bulbs
- Three to point out spelling/grammar errors in other replies
- Four to flame the spelling/grammar posts
- Two to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
- Another three to condemn those two as anal-retentive
- One more to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
- Three to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
- Two to say "Search the web for 'change light bulb'"
- Two to suggest that posters read the light bulb FAQ
- Three to flame the people who didn't just answer the question
- One more to argue the "Give a man a fish/Teach a man to fish" approach
- Two to post the "Give a man a match" joke in response
- One to post about how the light bulb burning out is the result of a
  government/corporate/religious conspiracy
- One to post that LED-based lamps are much better, so you shouldn't be
  using lightbulbs anyway
- Two to condemn LED-based lamps as impractical, esoteric, and expensive
- Two to continue nit-picking details long after everybody else has lost
  interest
- Five to say "Didn't we go through this already last week?"
- One to ask how to un-subscribe
- Two to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
  handle the light bulb controversy
- One lurker to respond to the original post six months from now and start
  it all over again

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>