OT: Voting results in NH

Ed Robbins ed at erobbins.com
Thu Jan 29 11:08:02 EST 2004

Ok, so it's not Linux related, but what a great discussion!  Kudos to
Paul for pointing out that our form of government is not a democracy, it
is in fact a republic.  However, that being said, we do have many
democratic process' and institutions, the New England town meeting is a
perfect example of that.

brian wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 10:20, Greg Rundlett wrote:
>

>>However, (and I'm really not looking for flames) I can't for the life of
>>me understand why people still would vote for George Bush / Republican
>>after 9/11

I'm also intrigued by this statement.  Are you alluding to a cause and
effect relationship, i.e. something Bush did that triggered the event?
Or are you talking about the policy and actions after 9/11?