sound card

Dan Coutu coutu at snowy-owl.com
Fri Jan 30 07:56:25 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 08:15, micheal kasuba wrote:
>  The sound card is via ac97, its an onthe mother board sound card.
> Running  linux 8 as I could not get linux 9 to install that I got from
> this club at the Hosstraderers Swapfest. Can one one help me get the
> sound card working.

Strictly speaking ac97 is not a sound card but rather a standard for
sound cards. Chances are your motherboard's built in sound is using
the chips from a conventional sound card such as Creative makes.

The fact that RH9 would not install is also a puzzle. Can you say more
about the motherboard itself? Who made it? What CPU does it support?

--

Dan Coutu
Managing Director