Linux not booting on Gateway E-4000 / Intel 865GLC Motherboar d?

Portelance, Brad Brad.Portelance at state.vt.us
Fri Jan 30 12:39:15 EST 2004

Hello Michael,

The boot process does not even make it as far as to even try the floppy or
CD. It simply sits at the boot screen and hangs, no even allowing you to
press F2 for BIOS Setup. If I wipe the partitions clean then it works fine.

I have escalated this to the Gateway Labs - it will be interesting to see
what they come up with. Right now it looks like a BIOS issue.

Thanks!
Brad