Destination show up twice in traceroute

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Fri Jul 2 16:29:01 EDT 2004

Thanks for your answers. It must be the firewall setup doing some sort
of port forwarding to allow traffic in to that machine. This would
explain why my computer at work that is physically behind the firewall
only gets 1 hop to the destination and anything outside gets 2 hops for
the machine.

Oddly, or not, the IP address behind the firewall is the same as outside
the firewall, so it can't be a strict NAT setup. I'm using NAT at home
to share 1 IP address among 6+ computers.

Maybe next week, if I get a spare moment, I'll peruse the configuration.