Alternatives to Exchange Server

Kenny Lussier klussier at sentito.com
Tue Jul 6 11:11:01 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 10:24, Dan Coutu wrote:
> I'm researching solutions that provide the functionality
> of MS Exchange but run on a Linux server. It must interoperate
> with Outlook and provide full Calendar capability (not
> just email capability.)
>
> So far it looks like the products sold by Bynari fit the
> bill pretty well. Does anyone have experience with their
> software (or anything else that may also solve the problem?)

I have looked at Samsung Contact and SuSE OpenExchange. Both have their
benefits and drawbacks, but from my testing, both products could be used
to replace Exchange or act as an alternative ground-up implementation.
However, from what I have seen, the Contact MAPI plugin does not work
with Outlook 2003. There is a free trial of Samsung contact available
for download. The trial version of OpenExchange is $139.

FYI,
Kenny