WBEM/CIM for Linux

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 13:17:01 EDT 2004

I'm trying to get a clue about the above mentioned DMTF
stuff and can find a mind-numbing pile of mind-numbing
docs & specs but no Linux software packages that
will let me see an actual implementation in action,
ie, something like a WBEM application that could
display/modify characteristics of one or more remotely
managed machines.  Anybody have any experience with
this stuff or know where such an app is available?
SBLIM seems to be pretty much all I can find, tho I
was hoping for more of a turn-key experience...