Samba Question

c.e.smith cesmith at metrocast.net
Sat Jul 24 17:20:01 EDT 2004

I am running Samba 2.* with redhat 6 ( I now it is old but it is what I
have) on an old p II and I want to set it up so that I can store files on
it.  I and ping the machine  ftp in to it or telnet into it.  the logs say
that Samba is started but I can not get it to show up on my windows network.
I am using the standard smb.conf file with a change in work group to my
WorkGroup.  my smb print servers (netgear) show up no problem.
any light anyone can shed to help get this running will be much appreciated.
thanks

chris

cesmith at metrocast.net