Searching a site - including in PDFs and (ugh) DOCs?

Marc Nozell marc at nozell.com
Thu Jun 3 20:53:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 15:21, Bill Sconce wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> Does anyone know of a package which can provide a search capability
> for a Web site - including searching in PDF and .DOC files?

How about namazu? For debian users, use: apt-get install namazu2

I've been using it on my laptop (mostly email and text)
but it claims to support a bunch of file formats including
Microsoft Office formats, PDF, gzip, etc.  See
the manual.html that comes with the kit for a complete
list.

-marc
--
Marc Nozell (marc at nozell.com)		http://www.nozell.com/blog/