Lilo Help

Mansur, Warren warren.mansur at hp.com
Tue Jun 22 12:19:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

Yes first you need to use a boot CD that can mount your original disk (such as your Knoppx CD). Next, execute these steps:

- Open a terminal
- Go to the directory that contains your original mounted hard drive
- executed 'chroot' so that now your hard drive looks like '/' instead of '/mnt/hard_drive' (or whatever it's mounted as)
- Run lilo to get it to re-write the boot record to the disk

Cheers,

Warren