looking for Word 2000 "Review Toolbar" equivalent in OpenOffice

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 07:14:16 EST 2004

>In Word 2000 if I navigate thusly:
>
>  Edit -> Toolbars -> Reviewing
>
>I get a toolbar that allows me to see a reviewer's
>comments on a document.

FWIW, when I crank up OpenOffice1.1 on my Debian box
and open the Help window and begin to type the word
"review" into the search tool I get as far as the
"i" before the auto-completion helpfully suggests
a section of the online Help that sounds like it'd
be pretty much what you're looking for, and when
I actually view that section the "related topics"
suggestions seem like they'd also be on target.

I did not actually test-drive the features in question,
but here are some excerpts from the Help text:

> When you edit a document in which others have made changes, you can
> accept or reject the changes individually or all together.
>
> 1.If you have put multiple copies of the document in circulation,
> first merge these into one document (see Merging Versions).
>
> 2.Open the document and choose Edit - Changes - Accept or Reject.
> The Accept or Reject Changes dialog appears.
>
> 3.Select a change on the List tab.  The change is selected and displayed
> in the document and you can now enter your decision with one of the
> buttons.
>
> If one author has modified another author's change, you will see the
> changes hierarchically arranged with a plus sign for opening up the
> hierarchy.

             [screenshot]

> If the list of changes is too long, you can switch to the Filter tab in
> the dialog and specify that you only want to see the changes of certain
> authors, or only the changes of the last day, or that you want the list
> to be restricted in some other way.
>
> Color-coded entries display the result of the filter that is set.
> Entries in black can be accepted or rejected and match the filter
> criteria.  Entries in blue do not themselves match the filter criteria,
> but have subentries that are included by the filter.  Gray entries
> cannot be accepted or rejected and do not match the filter criterion.
> Green entries do match the filter but cannot be accepted or rejected.
           .
           .
           .
           .