Shiny webserver control panels

Dan Coutu coutu at snowy-owl.com
Fri Mar 5 09:25:55 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 06:47, Brian wrote:
> Looking for any reviews/recommendations/etc on end-user geared
> website/mailbox control panel packages for linux servers running many
> sites in a shared environment.
>
> I've looked a bit (a very short bit) at Plesk, which on the surface
> seems okay.

I have used Plesk quite a lot in conjunction with a client of mine
that is entirely non-technical. It does a really good job of letting
you do most of what you'd like to regarding management of your web
site and mailboxes. The one thing I've griped about is not being
able to see things like the PHP error log or system messages log
but it makes sense that since those are shared resources they would
not be visible.

My client was able to pretty quickly get a grip on how to use Plesk
as well so it passed the naive user test.

--

Dan Coutu
Managing Director