Gallery question

Michael Bovee mbovee at uvm.edu
Thu Mar 11 19:04:00 EST 2004

Hi,
A couple months back I was looking into Gallery for organizing pics on
my webpage here at UVM.  (I'm here not as a Linux hacker, just a MacOSX
guy who's trying to learn a few things...)

I hit a roadblock when I read that Gallery says something about PHP has
to be configured with 'safe mode' turned OFF, something like that,
sorry I dont remember the details at the moment. I found out that here
at UVM the setting in question was turned ON, and I dont know of a way
to get around this. Probably easy, I just dont have anyone else to ask.
Can I still set up gallery to work in this environment where I dont
have control over how php is configured?

Thanks,
--Michael