p2p, anonymity and security

Greg Rundlett greg at freephile.com
Fri Mar 12 12:19:30 EST 2004

>> Then why bother with the anonymity? If your sharing with your friends,
>> then simply set up a password protected area! If the RIAA somehow
>> charges you for that then I would think you could sue them for hacking
>> your systems.
>

> Perhaps because he wants to share legal content with more then just
> the people he knows, and/or distribute the bandwidth over many
> connections.

That, plus 'set up a password-protected area' is pseudo-code for
  function  Build_a_black_hole ($user, $admin=me){
    while (count ($user != 0)) {
      $time--;
      $effort--;
    }
    if ($personal_life != 0) die("$admin not allowed to have
$personal_life > 0");
    return 'so true';
  }

;-)

--
FREePHILE
We are 'Open' for Business

Easy.  I own Chicago.  I own Miami.  I own Las Vegas.
		-- Sam Giancana, when asked what he did for a living