SFTP to /bin/false account?

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Mon Mar 15 14:52:00 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 02:31:47PM -0500, Travis Roy wrote:
> >WinSCP does support SFTP, too, so it could be using SFTP to do those
> >things.
> >

> Well it does those on my server, and I don't use SFTP at all.

SFTP == OpenSSH.  If you have OpenSSH installed, you also have SFTP.
Unless you take steps to make SFTP not work, WinSCP will happily use
it, whether or not you normally do...

-=-=-=-=-
Despite the ever-increasing complexities of human society and the advancement
of science and technology, the most perplexing problems that face most people
remain what to eat for lunch today, and who to sleep with tonight.
-=-=-=-=-