Mailing list software Update [Update]

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Mon Mar 29 21:41:01 EST 2004

Just to let people know...

I haven't forgotten this thread. (Which was started back in October
2003). I've managed to get around the multiple python hitches, and the
multiple mailman hitches (2.1.4 is much better).

However, the virtual hosting in Mailman 2.1.4 is still incomplete and/or
borken. They're promising this will be completed/fixed in Mailman
3.<something>

So, the list still waits... (Believe me, I find this address mining by
spammers a problem just as much as you. But the GNHLUG site is hosted on
production servers, and changing one thing that's shared can impact a
lot more than just the GNHLUG mailing list.)

PS: Thanks go to Steven Orr for pointing me to majordomo2. It looks
promising, but I don't want to risk putting it on a production server at
this point.

--Bruce