IRC Server

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Tue May 4 13:12:01 EDT 2004

Cole Tuininga wrote:

> I haven't used IRC in quite some time.  Anybody have recommendations for
> IRC server software?  Their needs are fairly simple - they really just
> need a single channel for the most part.  Requiring a password to
> connect to the server would be a plus.

I set up IRCd not too long ago and it's really not too hard to do.

There's a decent FAQ at http://www.irc.org/tech_docs/ircnet/faq.html

If all you need is a basic IRC server for chatting, it's really simple.
  The complicated parts come in when you're putting together a network
of servers.

Brian

|   brian at datasquire.net            http://www.hirebrian.net  |
|                Simply the Best IT/MIS Manager               |
|          Self-taught, Fast Learner, and Team Player         |
|            Ready to Start TODAY at Your Company.            |