Comcast blocking port 25? (not what you think)

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Mon May 10 10:23:01 EDT 2004

>>>Run the mail server on a different port & redirect.  *sigh*
>>>There are some services that will do this.  i'm looking them up right
>>> now.
>>>

>> http://www.dyndns.org/services/mailhop/relay.html is one
>
> That actually seems reverse of what I need, that takes stuff on port 25
> and redirects it to your IP on a non-standard port. I need to have stuff
>
>   come in on a non-standard port and redirect to port 25.

This mail forwarding is like web forwarding.  "My ISP blocks incoming port
80, how can I run a web server" but it does it for port 25.

> After some poking around I've found at least two people that can not get
>  to my box on port 25 from inside the comcast network, but 4 can.
>
> So it's not isolated just to my parents.

They might be blocked by an outgoing filter too.  I just found that my
work does that.  zonedit.com has an smtp test that gets to my server....

You could try tricks with netcat or iptables to redirect on your local
machine.  Or an ssh tunnel.