Nagios Question

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Mon May 10 13:25:01 EDT 2004

Cole Tuininga wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 04:48, Brian Chabot wrote:
>
>>I tried using ping as su - nagios
>

> I'm assuming from this that nagios has a valid shell.  From a security
> perspective, you may want to change that.  Just a suggestion.  8)

Good point, but will changing the shell to /dev/null or /dev/false screw
up any of the services checks?  ...or should I just try it and find out?
  Also, I figure I could set the account up so that id the login isn't
from the localhost to log out immediately.  Not pretty, but very easy to
set up.

Brian

|   brian at datasquire.net            http://www.hirebrian.net  |
|                Simply the Best IT/MIS Manager               |
|          Self-taught, Fast Learner, and Team Player         |
|            Ready to Start TODAY at Your Company.            |