Upgrading Multiple Servers?

William Stearns wstearns at pobox.com
Mon May 10 13:42:00 EDT 2004

Good afternoon, Kurth, Chris, all,

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Chris Brenton wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 10:29, Kurth Bemis wrote:
> >
> > After looking around his site, I found a lot of useful tools, so I
> > wget'ed a local copy for myself!

	It's obviously available.  I might suggest that since the site as
crossed the 1G mark recently you might not want to do this hourly.
*smile*
	I do have an rsync server available for all (*) the files at:
zaphod.stearns.org::wstearns/ .  A command as simple as:

rsync -av --progress --partial --exclude archives \
zaphod.stearns.org::wstearns/ /path/to/mirrordir/

	Should get the site if you really want the whole thing.
	(* The only dir not in that mirror is /uml-root/ , but even that
should end up in the mirror build script at some point)

> Ya its pretty amazing the wealth of Linux tools that Bill has come up
> with. Its one of the few sites I pull down to my cellphone every day
> (just the homepage) so I have a handy list of what he has available.
>
> For those who don't know him, Bill is a local Linux guy that lives up by
> Dartmouth. He's an absolute guru (although he will deny it adamantly)

	And vehemently!  *smile*

> and has contributed *a lot* to the Linux community in general. His site
> is a "must bookmark" for anyone managing Linux systems.
>
> Again, the URL is:
> http://www.stearns.org/
>
> I'm pretty sure Bill also haunts this list so I'm sure he's turning beat
> red by me singing his praises. :)
>
> <kiss> <kiss> Bill, ;-)

	LOL!

	If any of the groups on this list would like, I have some
presentations I'd be happy to give to a user group meeting.  I've got
presentations on ssh, spam filtering with spamassassin, and many others up
at http://www.stearns.org/doc/ .
	Cheers,
	- Bill

        "I prefer something slightly more melodious; like the long,
drawn out death rattle of a man suffering from terminal flatulence."
        -- Lister
(Courtesy of Mike Ledoux <mwl+gnhlug at alumni.unh.edu>)