Monthly Meeting - Nov. 4th

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Nov 2 12:46:01 EST 2004

            Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Linux Users Group
                    http://www.dlslug.org/

The next regular monthly meeting of the DLSLUG will be held:
                  Thursday, November 4th, 7-9PM
at:         Dartmouth College, Carson Hall Room L01
                 All are welcome, free of charge.

                             Agenda

7:00  Sign-in, networking

7:15  Introductory remarks

7:20  Server-side PDF Creation

       Adam Johnson presents his project for creating PDF's on
       the network using LPRng, Ghostscript, Apache/CGI, LDAP
       and bash scripting.  Windows users can submit a print
       job which is then delivered to them as a PDF in e-mail.

8:05  Tell Me Something I Don't Know
       (with apologies to Chris Matthews)
       Think of something neat you've learned about Linux
       recently.  So much of running linux comes down to
       knowing a few simple tricks and nonsense that's not
       entirely well documented.  We'll attempt to extract
       some of the hidden gems of knowledge contained in our
       membership with a go-around.  Tell us something neat
       you've learned recently that we'd all be better off
       for knowing.  It can be as concise or as elaborate
       as you'd like.  Lively debate and discussion to ensue.

8:50  Roundtable Exchange - where the attendees can make
       announcements or ask a linux question.

Please see the website for links to directions.

If any area companies are interested in sponsoring refreshments, please
let me know.

---------
MAILING LISTS

    There are two mailman lists set up for DLSLUG, an Announce list and a
Discuss list.  Please sign up for the Announce list (moderated,
low-volume) to stay apprised of the group's activities and the Discuss
list (unmoderated) for group discussion.  Links to the mailing lists
are on the webpage.

    Please pass this information along to anyone else you think might be
interested.

----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle