vacation with sendmail.

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Tue Nov 2 14:04:01 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 13:07, Jason wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm trying....I really am. I am now bouncing between O'reilly Sendmail, RH
> Linux 9 Bible, sendmail.org and various other linux/sendmail websites. I
> JUST want to set a vacation message for a client and I am losing my work day
> over it. So here's the deal.

Hmmm. You're running RHL 9.0. Looks like Redhat didn't include the
vacation component of sendmail.

> O'reilly says (page 241) "simply change to the vacation directory and run
> ./Build". The closest I find to that is
> /usr/share/man/ja/man1/vacation.1.gz. I have unzipped vacation.1.gz and now
> have /usr/share/man/ja/man1/vacation.1.

Nope. That's the man page (in Japanese nonetheless) for the vacation
program (that's not included with the distribution). I suspect this is
something that Redhat didn't clean out of their distribution.

I'll see what more I can dig up on that program. I seem to remember a
system vulnerability being posted about it a while ago too. But I need
to do some more research.

--Bruce