[OT] Any Evidence of internet cafes (pre-1998)?

Dana S. Tellier dana.tellier at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 20:20:01 EST 2004

Hello, everyone—

            Sorry to interrupt my lurking, but I’ve been asked if I or
anyone I know can provide anecdotal evidence of an Internet café ANYWHERE in
the US, in prior to 1998?  If you can, also identify an example (year, city,
& name if possible).  If you can do all this, I’d also ask if you can
confirm how they got paid for giving you access (e.g., paid cash up front
for a set amount of time, or paid via credit card in a slot on the side of
the machine).

            The reason for this is rather important, and I would ask that if
any of the many talented folks on this list can provide any information
regarding this, to please email it to me personally.

My thanks!

 - Dana Tellier