Since I'm feeling lucky, how about another sendmail question?

Benjamin Scott bscott at ntisys.com
Thu Nov 18 19:20:01 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, at 4:31pm, steveo at syslang.net wrote:
> Thanks, but no. What I want is to reject in sendmail. I don't even use
> procmail for spam processing since I'm using spamass-milter. The goal is
> to reject all spam before reception completes.

  Ahhh.  The dream of mail admins everywhere.

  Someone else already posted a SpamAssassin rule.

  As I said before, just make sure you don't do SMTP rejects on anything
coming from your secondary MX.  Silently discard such spam.  Anything else,
and you backscatter the whole world.  That tends to double the spam problem.
It can also get *you* marked as a spammer, since now your system is emitting
spam-like messages.

  Spam backscatter is as bad as spam.  Worse, in some ways.  Don't make
things worse.

  Ben, who has been the victim of joe-jobs before.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>