Why Intuit should have an Open Source version of QuickBooks...

Benjamin Scott bscott at ntisys.com
Thu Nov 18 20:03:00 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, at 9:50pm, dan at rastech.com wrote:
> In any event, an open source equivalent to QuickBooks would be very useful
> to us.

  Hell, I'd pay good money for a proprietary, closed, commercial product
that provided a QuickBooks like interface, but was Linux *and* Windows
friendly, and didn't eat data for breakfast.

  One thing I'm very interested in is Quasar Accounting from Linux Canada.
True client-server based database, server runs on Linux or Windows, native
Windows and Linux (X11) clients, near-identical GUI on both, additional POS
module.  The GUI was definitely not as nice as QuickBooks, but it seemed
decent enough.  Very reasonable pricing model.  It's even free for a single
user with basic features only.  Problem is, I know nothing about accounting,
so I can't evaluate it properly.  :-(

	http://www.linuxcanada.com/

  Other's opinions very warmly welcomed.

--