OT -- 90-day limits in the financial world for downloading your data.

L.B. MCCULLEY bmcculley at rcn.com
Sun Nov 21 21:24:01 EST 2004

I'm guessing this is the real reason...

---- Original message ----
>Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:17:09 -0500
>From: Bill Mullen <moon at lunarhub.com>

>Years ago, before online banking existed, [...]
>We had the same policy then for the account
>history data that we made available to the tellers
>over the online system - current statement period
>plus the last two, that's it; everything beyond that
>was archived. Disk packs aren't cheap. :)
>--

Might even be rooted previous to automation, think about how
many moon of account history data would be keep conveniently
accessible using papyrus based technology...

That's the thing about those conservative bankers, once they
figure out how to do something they are loathe to change.

-Bruce McCulley