The First Linux Distro?

Whelan, Paul Paul.Whelan at fmr.com
Fri Oct 1 09:44:00 EDT 2004

Hi,
I was reading on http://www.topologilinux.com (in their About page under
the FAQ section question regarding "Is topologilinux based on any other
big distro") where they say that it's based on Slackware the "First and
still the most stable distribution".  I'll leave the "most stable
distribution" part alone but was curious about "First".  I may be
misinformed but thought that Yggdrasil was the first real distribution.
To be sure, it wasn't the first "build" (I use that only for a lack of a
better word right now).  Because other sites had their own build of
Linux available for download via ftp, such as University of Manchester,
TAMU, Softlanding Linux System.  But wasn't Yggdrasil the first to
distribute on CD?

Not *totally* sure. That's why I'm asking.
Thanks.

Paul Whelan
(Tel (603) 791-6519 (cell: (603) 422-1004
* paul.whelan at fmr.com
Fidelity Investments
FISC-C&RMS, Security Consultan