2.4.18 -> 2.6.8 yields ext3 errors?

Bill Freeman f at ke1g.mv.com
Mon Oct 4 21:45:01 EDT 2004

Can you make and ext2 fs on a floppy (or Zip drive, if you've got it)
and mount that as ext2?

Yes, it sounds like a bum kernel.  But if it came as binary from
debian, i.e.; you didn't build it from source, I'd expect that others
would be having the problem.

I guess that what's really called for is a kernel with the kernel
debugger, and enough symbols to start tracking from the mount call.
Too bad Linus is so against debuggers, or we might have a serial line
or ethernet debug slave as a standard part of the kernel by now.

							Bill