Toner cartridge for Kerry office

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 09:29:00 EDT 2004

In a message dated: 04 Oct 2004 21:47:23 EDT
Bruce Dawson said:

>On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 15:36, Roger H. Goun wrote:
>> No comment, other than to suggest you run a whois search on
>> nhfordean.com.
>
>I think Roger is trying to say that the nhfordean.com site runs on
>Linux. (As do a number of other political sites.) Funny how that doesn't
>get mentioned in the news.

Oh, was that the point?  After seeing:

   Registrant:
      Brentwood Country Animal Hospital, P.C.
      88 Ole Gordon Rd.
      Brentwood, New Hampshire 03833
      United States

in the whois results, I thought it some kind of joke about his 'animal
scream' or something :) I'm not quite sure how I was supposed to infer
the site ran on Linux from the whois database, other than that Roger was
the contact listed.  But what nhfordean.com had to do with the
conversation at hand escaped me.  It seemed as relevent as mod's
comment, which was as apropos for this list as this entire thread.
Which was the point I was attempting to make in the first place :)

>Does anyone have statistics on which politico sites runs what software?
>It might be interesting. You might even get a few beers (or run out of
>the bar).

The all-knowing google, using this search:

  http://www.google.com/search?q=politician+web+sites+linux+vs.+windows

reveals:

 http://www.richardallan.org.uk/index.php?p=206

which of course points to Netcraft.