Verizon DSL

Ken D'Ambrosio kend at xanoptix.com
Mon Oct 18 10:47:00 EDT 2004

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
 > Speaking in favor of MV: They've done really well by us. Jess has been
 > a customer of theirs since she was 13 and got tired of the AOL her
parents
 > bought for her, and they've been wonderful about providing everything we
 > could ask for - static IP, multiple IPs, great support, etc. They're
a small shop...

Someone really should do a human interest story on MV at some point.
Even though (boo!  hiss!  Well, no...) they use BSD, they really are an
interesting success story.  I've used them on and off since I moved to
NH going on 13 years ago, now, and they've always been there.  [For
several years, the company I worked for, Summa Four, had
username at summa4.mv.com as their e-mail addresses, to boot.]  Unless I'm
woefully mistaken, they're actually one of the oldest extant ISPs
running... and they really are still customer oriented, instead of the
bizarre sweatshop-esque support crews at large ISPs.  Sadly, www.mv.com
seems to be down at the moment, so I can't scrounge up add'l info, but
I'd be interested in hearing their story.  Lastly, a trivia question:
what's MV stand for?

-Ken