Verizon DSL

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Mon Oct 18 17:18:00 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 16:52, Travis Roy wrote:
> I thought people on this list could have a sense of humor.

My general view is that they do have a sense of humor.  However, with
something that's such a polarizing issue, and in particular one that not
only is completely unrelated to the purpose of the list, and has
previously led to *far* *far* too long of borderline flame war threads,
it seems to me that it's a topic that is best left out.  In humor form
or otherwise.

Just for example, I had to very much resist (as a liberal leftist)
posting a "comeback" joke in response to Bill's first posting.  The
problem is that the joke I sent would probably have generated replies in
of itself, as well as encouraged other folks to send their own
"comebacks" and whatnot to the original posting.  I stopped myself just
before hitting the "Send" button.

If people in general disagree, by all means let me know.  I'm happy to
post all the anti-republican/Bush propaganda .... er .... jokes I
receive.  8)

--
So, make a real effort to avoid getting sucked into all the expensive
lifestyle habits of typical Americans.  Because if you do that, then

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com