Verizon DSL

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Tue Oct 19 10:57:01 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 17:52, Dan Jenkins wrote:
> Travis Roy wrote:
> > I'm voting for Nader, so I could care less :)
>
> I'd vote for Thomas Jefferson or Abraham Lincoln (respectively, first
> Democrat President and first Republican). I'm less happy with the
> current crop. In any event, this has *nothing* to do with Linux or
> computers. So... last post!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Being a staunch Libertarian myself, neither the republicans nor
democrats impress me. Being also vehemently anti-war (except in *real*
cases of self-defense), I find both Bush and Kerry very disgusting. I am
still puzzled why Kerry sees a need to "strengthen the military" when
the US military forces are already by far the strongest in the world bar
none.

Oh well, had to get out my political rant. Back to Linux!

FYI, the problem I was having with the laptop is resolved for the
moment. The memory slot was the culprit. On the GRX520, there are 2
memory slots, and placing the memory in the other slot now renders my
laptop usable again -- until that slot goes south. Thumbs down for Sony
products.

--
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
The mass of humans on planet Earth -- regard them as the ebbing