Verizon offering 3Mbps

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Sep 2 14:45:01 EDT 2004

On Sep 1, 2004, at 14:57, Jeff Macdonald wrote:

> I believe that the 3Mbps doesn't work with the remote terminals. Got
> any URLs? I was wonder what that was all about.

I found this:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11201302~mode=flat

which seems to indicate the backhaul to the DSLAM governs the rate it
can run at.  I'm not sure I follow that exactly unless there's a
fixed-size DSLAM.  Are DSL lines really not oversubscribed?

Does anybody know if there are remote terminals anywhere in New
Hampshire that have DSLAM's in them?

-Bill
----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com