Why Philly - Stay in NE....

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Fri Sep 3 13:15:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:46:54PM -0400, Travis Roy wrote:
> Manchester has wireless for most of downtown (www.manchesterwireless.org)

I've never been able to get this to work. I've tried with both my Apple
Powerbook (12" G4), Sony Vaio with D-link card, nor have my coworkers
with wireless been able to get it. I live less than two blocks from
Elliot (GPS coords: 42.9813,  -71.4369) and have tried on Valley, in the
Millyards, and on... Granite? Coming straight up towards elliot, in any
case.

I enter the SSID as "mancesterwireless.org", as per the directions:

[[[
 To logon set your SSID to "manchesterwireless.org" and scan for us.
]]]

Has anyone else successfully accessed this network?

--
Christopher Schmidt