Why Philly - Stay in NE....

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Sep 3 15:43:01 EDT 2004

If they're using WDS to extend the network there are some
interoperability problems.  I've had trouble with my Apple Airport
card, for instance - something to do with short and long preamble
frames...  a friend's cheap broadcom card can see it just fine.

I think I read WDS is being standardized/tested by the WiFi
certification group soon or now.  I'm hoping firmware updates will work
out some of the issues.

-Bill

----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com