VPN Server/Client

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 14:49:00 EDT 2004

  I just started setting up my home network so I can VPN in from where
ever I wish too, and I wanted to ask some advice, as some of you may
have set something up simular to this..

  My goal is to be able to VPN in from either Windows, Linux, or BSD
machines.  In front of my primary box, I have a small Linksys box
providing port forwarding, etc..

  What is the best software / setup to use?  I've ben looking at
PPTPd, FreeS/WAN, etc..  What has, in peoples experience, been the
most succesfull?  I know from the Linux <-> Linux side, everything
should be kosher, but I also need, just as importantly, to VPN from an
XP and Win2k box, and possibly a NetBSD environment.

  Comments?  Suggestions?