Verizon offering 3Mbps

Brian Riley (maillist) n1bq_list at wulfden.org
Wed Sep 8 23:04:01 EDT 2004

I have had Direcway bi-directional satellite since April and am fairly happy
with it.  I have the DW6000 modem/router unit that feed my LinkSys WRT54G
and have two Macs, a p4 running WinXP and two Linux boxes plus a Linux
laptop and a Netgear Print Server on the system. Every thing seems happy
with the setup.

Really heavy rains generally means no service for 10-25 minutes and similar
weather in Las Vegas (where the network head is) means the same. I have
never seen an outage over an hour.

My download speeds are on the order of cable speeds and upload is slower but
At least as good as most DSL.

I paid 4100 up front and will pay $100/month for 15 months then $60/month.
The alternative was $600 up front and $60 month ... Since I was paying $52 a
month just for my second phone line, this price is fine by me ...

  Cheers ... BBR ... Underhill Center, VT